Spotlight On… The Deskglider
The Deskglider is available to hire today from JMS.
- Also known as Desk Surfer or Glidelift, this platform provides easy height access in office and call centre environments.
- Has a maximum working height of 4 metres.
- It has a load capacity of 150kg.
- The maximum platform height is 2 metres.
- The stowed length is 1.35 metres, stowed height is 1.92 metres and overall width is 1.10 metres – its compact dimensions make it easy to store and move around restricted spaces.
- Gross machine weight is 90kg.
2005 saw the introduction of the Work At Height regulations, the purpose of which is to prevent death and injury caused by a fall from height. These regulations apply to anyone who controls work at height such as employers, facilities managers or building owners who may contract others to work at height.
Any work at height must be planned, supervised and carried out by competent people using the correct equipment for the job.
Equipment such as the Deskglider is an excellent alternative to ladders and scaffolding which can be dangerous if not set up correctly. They can also take up a lot of space, take time to set up and be disruptive to those working in the same area.
The benefits of the Deskglider are:
- Safety – A safe option for low level access, greatly reducing the risk of falls from height. Removes the need for operatives to have to lean across or stand on desks and chairs.
- No battery – No downtime to charge and zero emissions make it an eco-friendly option, ideal for indoor use.
- Convenience – No need to clear desks or re-arrange computer wires as it’s designed to work over desks allowing the operator to easily access assets like lights, air conditioning units and alarms.
- Easy to transport – At just 90kg, the platform is lightweight and compact so can be quickly moved to wherever it’s needed.
- Fits through doorways and into lifts – The small working footprint makes it ideal for working in corridors and confined spaces.
- Four-point swivel castors – Give sideways movement to help with moving through crowded areas.
- No noise – Means disturbance to those in the vicinity of the work area is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Versatile – The Deskglider can also be used as a freestanding access tower making it a highly versatile and compact dual-purpose work platform for a variety of work at height tasks.
JMS can provide IPAF Training courses for all their powered access platforms.
The course recommended for the Deskglider is: Push Around Verticals (PAV)
To book an IPAF training course or for more information please call 0845 457 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org