The main use for Rope Access is personal suspension to limit risk of falling.
To provide the user with full protection the combined use of an independent back up system is essential.
Rope Access is widely used by industrial users all over the world, in a variety of different environments, each environment requires a specific application equipment.
These training courses cover all the relevant areas of rope access which are common to the IRATA training scheme, with added specific training which allows delegates to use operational rescue equipment as well as effective rock face slope operation.
Our rope access course has been designed by experienced training team, all holding multiple training qualifications as well as the IRATA Assessor Qualification, ensuring that the course equipment are aligned with Rope Access Industry.
The course has 3 stages of progression:
- Level 1- New start/trainee
- Level 2 – General Operator
- Level 3 – Supervisor
We also offer combined courses.
Level 1 – Trainee
- Company general safety induction
- Personal suspension equipment introduction, specifications, fitting care storage
- Equipment/system use limitations
- Back up equipment introduction fitting use limitations
- Introduction of Rope Access ropes, storage care.
- Awareness of site environment work site organisation
- Tool handling, specific to face work at height (h tools)
- Basic descending (less than vertical, short less exposed situations)
- Basic Ascending (less than vertical, short less exposed situations)
- Awareness of Top Lift System for rescue hoisting
Level 2 – Operator
- All stage 1 element’s
- Rigging of suspension s safety ropes including Knots
- Checking of personal trainee’s equipment prior to start up
- Worksite organisation
- Management of suspension back upropes
- Rope Manoeuvres
- Descent rescue of colleague (from decent or ascent mode)
- Use of Top Lift system to perform personnel rescue hoist
- Advanced tool handling (power tools)
- Lowering systems (equipment)
- Awareness of lowering (personnel) using Top Lift System
- Conversant with company procedures, risk assessment
Level 3 – Supervisor
- All stage 1 2 elements
- Management of anchorage areas for multi person use
- Advanced rope techniques
- Management of Top Lift System for hoisting lowering rescues
- Equipment records routing inspection, redundancies
- Knowledge of Statutes, Regulations stards
- Full conversant with company procedures, risk assessments methods of work
- Trained qualified to deliver in house elements of training
To book or find out more, please call JMS Training team on 0845 457 0000