7 reasons why spider booms from JMS are the first choice for heritage sites
Tracked spider booms are often used for work on listed historical buildings other heritage sites due to their fragile nature.
There are also frequent difficulties with access to heritage sites both internally externally.
Spider booms offer a range of properties that make them the idea machines for tackling fragile buildings other historical sites.
- Gradeability – Heritage sites tend to present challenging environments both indoor outdoor. Rough or unstable ground is not uncommon around historical buildings. Tracked booms are suitable for a wide range of challenging outdoor terrainsthat present rough or unstable ground, including woodl, scrubl, agricultural l. Tracked booms are known for their excellent gradeability.
- Compact – Spider tracked booms are both agile compact, with models that can fit through stard single doorways, down narrow alley ways turn on their axis.
- Sustainability in sensitive environments – Machines fitted with long-lasting lithium batteries, provide low-noise, which is ideal for churches religious sites. Electric tracked booms using lithium ion batteries for power also offer low emissions which makes them a sustainable hire option. With so many historical buildings right next to people in offices homes, not to mention passers-by, it makes sense to go electric.
- Sensors alarms – Listed buildings are often fragile, especially Grade I Grade II buildings. Tracked booms fitted with collision alarms as stard protect the operator, the machine surrounding structures.
- Low loading – Tracked booms have a low point load weight makes them ideal for operating on delicate floors, often in conjunction with protective matting.
- Control of kit – The same control concept applies for all lifts: the controls have a well arranged, colour coded operating panel. With a minimum number of Joysticks selection switches, operation is easy, intuitive safe. Precise controls prevent collisions pace work teams exactly where they need to be to do delicate conservation work. Articulating spider booms are also necessary for this level of control.
- Productivity – Tracked booms are versatile can be operated at different heights over different obstacles allowing the operator to complete tasks safely with sensor alarms anti-collision kits.
These capabilities often make tracked booms the powered access machine of choice when working in heritage buildings, including churches, castles stately homes, which often have restricted access, delicate low load weight floors, confined working spaces.
Hinowa Lightlift 26.14 Performance IIIs spider boom
The Hinowa Lightlift 26.14 llls tracked platform has a working height of 25.7m a maximum outreach of 13.75m is compact, lightweight, versatile has non-marking tyres.
The tracked boom uses a lithium battery making it an emission-free quiet machine. These are the best powered access machines for supporting building conservation projects. The lithium battery maintains high power levels for long periods, as well as fast recharge times which is ideal for working at height in historical buildings heritage sites.
JMS aerial platforms for Heritage Sites
Mark Jackson, Managing Director of JMS says: “The Hinowa 26.14 has been a popular choice this year for places of interest. Earlier this summer the same model was used for restoration of the Grade 1 listed Temperate House, in the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Going forward we look forward to working with more heritage site listed building projects.”
The five-year restoration project of Temperate House included engineers conservation workers moving 15,000 panes of glass in a complete reglaze of the glass house, cleaning, re-painting renovating the steel-structured building, the largest surviving Victorian glass house in the world.
Tracked booms are available to hire from JMS. Check out the JMS tracked boom information centre for more detailed information.
To find out more about hiring tracked boom for your project, give JMS a call today.
If necessary, JMS can supply trained highly-experienced powered access operators to support your project. JMS also deliver a range of training, including IPAF training, so your team can always work safely at height.